POSITION TITLE: Measurement Technician
LOCATION: West Union, WV
DEPARTMENT: 3770SP- Liberty Sherwood Measurement
REPORTS TO: Measurement Supervisor
Responsible for the installation, maintenance, operation and accuracy of all natural gas and/or liquid measurement.
- Install, inspect, test, adjust, maintain, operate, troubleshoot, repair, calibrate, and remove advanced measurement, and quality equipment
- Detect measurement error and correct volumes as needed and provide supporting documentation
- Monitor gas and liquid product volumes through the measurement system, insure all corrections are applied and proper qualities are applied
- Interpret and apply electrical and electronic schematics pertaining to EFM and measurement electronics
- Assess all facets of assigned facilities to insure accurate measurement and maintaining the company lost and unaccounted for gas and product with a high degree of ownership
- Oversee the construction and/or maintenance activities performed by third parties
- Identify, report, and correct safety and environmental concerns
- Complete appropriate documentation and paperwork
- Perform all work in compliance with Company standards, procedures, and regulatory requirements
- Demonstrate performance toward operational excellence
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates degree in a technical field, or equivalent experience
Experience / specific knowledge:
- Basic computer skills of MS Office, operating systems, company software
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, decimals)
- Knowledge and experience in safe handling practices of flammable gases, liquids and high pressure systems
- Knowledge with electronic test instruments
- Knowledge of gas and liquid chromatography
- Knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic, and electronic equipment used in gas and liquid product measurement.
- Knowledge of AGA, API, and GPA measurement standards.
- Possess a valid driver's license and meet company insurability requirements
Competencies, skills, and abilities:
- Ability to effectively organize, plan, prioritize, document, and complete work with minimum supervision.
- Adequate analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Customer focus
- Ability to work with a team, take direction from supervisors, keep required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules
Must be able to withstand extreme weather conditions
Materials and Equipment Used:
MarkWest Energy Partners, L.P. (MarkWest) is a master limited partnership engaged in the gathering, transportation, and processing of natural gas; the transportation, fractionation, marketing, and storage of natural gas liquids; and the gathering and transportation of crude oil. MarkWest has extensive natural gas gathering, processing, and transmission operations in the southwest, GulfCoast, and northeast regions of the United States. MarkWest is a wholly owned subsidiary of MPLX LP, which is the master limited partnership formed by Marathon Petroleum Corporation.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work for the position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. All job descriptions are subject to change. Job functions and/or responsibilities can be amended at any time at management discretion.
MW Logistics Services LLC is the entity seeking to fill this position and will employ any individual selected for this position. MW Logistics Services LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marathon Petroleum Corporation. MW Logistics Services LLC’s employees provide services and support to MarkWest Energy Partners, L.P. and/or its various subsidiaries and affiliates.